You’ve probably heard of 12 days of Christmas, which starts on Christmas day and sees someone claiming to be your true love offering to put a partridge in your pear tree. Or something like that, anyway.
Not everyone has the ideal soil conditions for a pear tree, though, or the patience to tend to a partridge. Stuff’s 12 days of Christmas is very different.
We figured everyone likes a free gadget or two, so we've gathered up some of our festive favourites for you to win every day, across our Instagram and Facebook pages.
We’ll be announcing a new prize daily (and closing entries to the previous day's contest) at 10.30am, with prizes getting better in the big lead up to the the 25th - but you'll have to check back every day to see what's up for grabs.
Day 12: Slip a OnePlus 5T smartphone into your stocking (closes Boxing Day)
It’s Christmas! And more importantly it’s the final day of the 12 day countdown to Stuffmas. From all the excellent stuff we’ve included, this has to take the top spot.
The One Plus 5T has a bigger screen, better camera than the also-excellent OnePlus 5 and is one of, if not the best value phone of 2017. The second 20MP telephoto cam gets an improved sensor for super sharp images, too.
You’d be lucky to be calling the OnePlus 5T yours, head over to Instagram to find out how to bag yourself one…
Day 11 Sphero's R2D2 is the droid you're looking for (closes Christmas Day)
We have welcomed the Sphero R2D2 into the Stuff family this year and he’s fast become our favourite member of the team. Artoo has graced the latest cover of Stuff magazine, and he’s been bleeping around our office brightening up our dark winter days.
The design, audio and movements feel really authentic and it’s easy to set up, so there’s very little between you living your greatest fantasy, up there in the galaxy, with Luke, and Leia, and C-3PO.
Head to Instagram to find out how to win the affections of our favourite droid...
Day 10: Make that New Year resolution stick with a Garmin Forerunner 30 (closes Christmas Eve)
Forrest gump ran from a bunch of bullies, then he ran away from his one true love. He never stopped. It’s a real shame he didn’t have a Garmin Forerunner 30 to tot up his amazing stats from 3 years, 2 months, 14 days and 16 hours of ground pounding.
We’re not suggesting you need to run for that long, or that you’re going to need to leg it from a gang of ruffians. But it’s a good skill to have, if you’ve got the knees for it. Run free...let your brain unspool the tangles of life’s toils. Or just try and lose some of that tubiness your mother tells you is adorable.
Ready to run? Good. Head to instagram to be in with a chance of winning Garmin’s latest wrist candy. Maybe lay off the actual candy though, yeah?
Day 9: Tune in to a Cyrus One speaker
Hi-Fi heads, listen up! Because listening is important… and that’s why it’s worth having an excellent amp for crisp wonderful sounds in your ears. What you need is some proper speakers, which you should already have if you’re serious about listening.
The sleek, Cyrus One delivers the punch to your musical archive and comes with a three-month Tidal subscription and Google Chromecast to stream glorious high-resolution audio around your home.
Enticed by this audio delight? Head to Instagram to find out how to enter…
Day 8: Shed those Christmas lbs with a Fitbit Alta HR (now closed)
You’re going to need some get up and go motivation come January, because December doesn’t know how to say no to more cheese, more beer, more mince pies.
The Fitbit Alta HR will monitor your heart rate and workouts plugging the gap between casual tracker and serious sports watch. It’s the supportive workout buddy your wrist has been crying out for. It’ll reward you with positive notifications when you hit your 10,000 steps for the day. And then you can crack on with your marathon training…
Head to Instagram to find out how to get one step closer to fitness euphoria...
Day 7: Rave it up with the JBL Clip 2 (now closed)
There’s portable...and then there’s ULTRA portable. This little palm sized party starter falls into the later.
When you’re traipsing around all your glad rags on a winter walk you’ll want to whip a JBL Clip 2 from your coat pocket to everybody’s utter surprise and delight. Simply pair it with your smartphone and you’ve got tunes for up to 8 hours.
Want to clip this on to your backpack so you always have the potential to party? Head over to the Stuff Instagram page to answer one simple question...
Day 6: Get a drone’s eye view with the Mambo FPV (now closed)
Drones are cooler than Christmas in Antarctica right now, so we wouldn’t blame you if this little critter was already on your wishlist to Santa. But we don’t always get what we want.
You could try and increase your chances by winning one from us, instead. It’s a serious toy that’ll whet your drone flying appetite, without needing a field and a drone pilot’s license to get started (as long as you stay indoors).
Day 5: Tune in to the Beats Solo3 Wireless (now closed)
These fashion-focused cans offer punchy sound, As well as excellent wireless connectivity and stability. You can’t really ask much more from a pair of ‘phones.
Well you can… but wouldn’t you rather win yourself a Beats Solo3 wireless instead? In marine blue, they’re perfect for listening to January’s fresh new tracks.
Enter via Instagram to be in with chance of winning.
Day 4: Get fit with the Suunto Spartan Trainer (now closed)
Suunto’s chunky wrist candy is a statement watch for sure, but underneath the eye-catching exterior are a whopping 80 different sports modes, for tracking any kind of exercise.
Long distance runner? The battery should last about ten hours, so you could almost finish two marathons and it would still have juice left. We wouldn’t recommend that though, it’s not great for the knees.
Fancy it in your stocking (and on your wrist)? Head to the Stuff Instagram page to answer a simple sports question…
Day 3: Game it up with the Steelseries Arctis 3 (now closed)
Most gaming headphones are happy to just do the whole “massive black plastic” design thing, but if you’re after a pair with a touch of class, the Steelseries Arctis 3 hits the spot.
They come with virtual 7.1 surround sound, helping you to pinpoint any sneaky players creeping up on you in a tense game of PUBG. Steelseries reckons its ClearCast mic is the best mic in gaming, too, delivering the background noise cancellation to make it easier for your teammates to hear what the heck you’re yelling about.
Fancy putting them to the test? Enter via Instagram here.
Day 2: That’s no moon… it’s a mood light (now closed)
"Woah, cool lamp!" probably isn’t something you’ve heard anyone say since lava lamps fell out of fashion. But we insist you banish the dark side of your bedroom with this Death Star Mood light.
The transparent stand makes it look as though it’s floating. Anyone who lays eyes on this spectacle will be more transfixed than if Obi Wan Kenobi used a Jedi mind trick on them. Just careful the rebellion doesn’t come charging into your room at the dead of night.
Want it? Just head over to the Stuff Instagram page and answer one easy Jedi question.
Day 1: Get your geek on for Xmas (now closed)
If you haven’t got into the festive spirit yet, then we’re here to help. We’re swapping reindeer, angels and elves for much cooler characters like Sonic, Deadpool and Darth Vader.
There are four jumpers up for grabs: the Official Classic Sonic Christmas Jumper, the Deadpool - Merry Chimichanga sweater, the Darth Vader jumper and the official Fallout 4 Vault Tec Christmas jumper.
Head over to our Instagram account to find out how to enter…
THE BORING LEGAL STUFF
Terms and conditions
This Prize Draw is brought to you by Haymarket Media Group, (Bridge House, London Road, Twickenham, TW1 3SP, UK)
1. These Prize Draws are only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom and individuals who are not employees of Haymarket Media Group, the companies or organisations with whom the Prize Draws are being run
2. The Prize Draws start on December 13, 2017, each Prize Draw running for 24 hours from 10 am to 9.59am the following day. (competition will begin at 10 am and close at 9pm). All entries must be made by that time to be entered into the Prize Draw.
4. How to enter: Each Prize Draw giveaway will have a different entry mechanic on Instagram/facebook, either comprising a question to answer or ‘Like, Follow, Comment’ to enter. You may only enter each Prize Draw once, but you can enter every draw (12) - one a day. Multiple entries on daily competitions will be disqualified.
5. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However, Haymarket Media Group has the full and free right to alter arrangements or Prizes should circumstances change. If for any reason either the Prize Draw is not capable of running as planned, such as cancellation or any other cause beyond the control of Haymarket Media Group, Haymarket Media Group may at its sole discretion substitute the Prize (or any part of the prize) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value. There is no cash alternative to the prize (or any part of the prize) and unless Haymarket Media Group agrees otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
6. Winner Selection: Winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Prize Draw. Entries will be selected randomly by Haymarket Media Group (where necessary and applicable).
7. Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by private message on Instagram/Facebook or by a message comment under their original entry on Instagram/Facebook within 24 hours of the draw. Winners must reply within 24 hours of the message being sent by Haymarket Media Group to claim their prize. If a winner is not contactable during this time or fails to respond to initial winner notification within 24 hours of the notification; the Prize may be reallocated by Haymarket Media Group to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have a shorter time period to respond, but this will be made clear during the winner communication. Entrants who have not won a Prize will not receive notification.
8. Haymarket Media Group is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason. Every attempt will be made to contact the winner by reasonable means.
9. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Prize Draw. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Prize Draw, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void.
10. By responding to the relevant social posts, you understand that you are entering the Competition and agree to these Terms and Conditions. Haymarket Media Group reserves the right to exclude any entry from the Competition at any time if they have reason to believe that the entrant is on breach of these Terms and Conditions.
11. Data Protection: Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely for the purposes of this Prize Draw. Data may be provided to a third-party supplier where appropriate for the purposes of administering the prize, but will not be disclosed to a third party for any other purpose without the individual’s prior consent.
12. Haymarket Media Group and Partners cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, expenses, wasted expenditure, loss or injury (including but not limited to under contract, tort, negligence or statute) suffered by any entrant entering the Prize Draw or as a result of accepting or participating in any prize. Nothing shall exclude Haymarket Media Group’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence, or for fraudulent misstatement.
13. If you are a winner of this Prize Draw, you agree that Haymarket Media Group may use your name to announce the winners of this Prize Draw and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
14. The winners’ names will be available by sending an email to email@example.com after December 27, 2017 and will be available for four weeks.
15. Winners should allow 14 working days from notification for delivery of their prize.
16. This Prize Draw shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram/Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram/Facebook, and that Instagram has no liability for any element of this Prize Draw.